Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ca...@kego.com on 2002/02/03 21:27:48 UTC

Using jdbc realms + nocookies + form login causes triple-login bug

_________________________________I would have posted this to tomcat-dev, but
the page with directions

on subscribing was down when I last checked.

I am witnessing a bug where if you use cookie-less form-based login

with JDBC realms, Tomcat 4.0.1 and 4.0.2b2 will force you to triple-login

to actually login. (You have type your username & password into

the form based page three times)

I am apparently not the only one who has seen this:

 http://mikal.org/interests/java/tomcat/archive/view?mesg=52926

The reason I believe it has to do with JDBC realms is that I tried

cookieless login using the tomcat example
/tomcat/webapps/examples/jsp/security

, which worked fine with the memory or file-based realms.

I then modified the 'examples' context in server.xml to use my jdbc realm,

and while I could manage to login in, it took three efforts to actually get
in.

 -Cameron Elliott

How set:Property works?

Posted by Wyn Easton <wy...@yahoo.com>.
I've got a simple JSP that has the use bean and set
property tags like this:

<jsp:useBean id="MyCart" scope="session"
class="CartBean">
<jsp:setProperty name="MyCart" property="*" />
</jsp:useBean>

Later in the FORM tag, I use the MyCart bean to
populate the input fields like this:

<INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="phone" SIZE="25"
VALUE="<%=MyCart.getPhone()%>">

I fill in the FORM stuff and the first time I POST
back to the same JSP all of the form data is set in
the bean. When I change the data and POST again, I
still have the same data that I had the first time.
Does the set:Property only set the Bean variables if
the Bean is being create for the first time?
Or, should I have the latest form data in the Bean
every time I hit the submit button and post back to
the same JSP.

Thanks.

BTW-I'm using Tomcat 3.2.2