Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/01 06:58:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Camel 1.3.0 (RC4)

Hadrian has cut a new apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4 with more I's dotted and T
crossed.  Thank you all for your fantastic effort and attention to
details!  There are a record 192 new features, improvements and bug
fixes in this release.

Please find the distro here:
http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/

The tarballs are here
http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/1.3.0/

Please vote to approve this release binary

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 1.3.0

Here's my +1
--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 1.3.0 (RC4)

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by davsclaus <ci...@yahoo.dk>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 1.3.0 (RC4)

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Willem

Posted by Jonathan Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1
Freeman

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
+1 (this time in this thread)

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Roman Kalukiewicz <ro...@gmail.com>.
>  [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 1.3.0
>  [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)

I've just fixed a bug I found in camel-core - CAMEL-422. It fixes
tryBlock()/handle()/finallyBlock() behavior when exception id thrown
from handle() block (finallyBlock() was not executed).

This is a bug that could be pretty important in corporate environments
when you have to have strong error handling requirements, and it
affects core camel functionality.

I marked this bug as to-be-fixed in 1.3 before I noticed this vote.

Before I found this bug it would be +1, but now I believe that we
should include this fix in 1.3 so according to +1/-1 notation my
option is

-1

Roman

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 1.3.0 (RC4)

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Agreed; lets get something out how, then do 1.3.1 real soon

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Well, the vote is already started for the other RC.  I think we *really*
need a 1.3.0 of Camel asap and imho, non blocking bugs can be fixed in
further bug fix release: I really suggest we release more frequently to
avoid such problems.     What about  we do a bug fix release in a few weeks
if needed ?  Claus, wanna volunteer as the release manager for 1.3.1 ?

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 9:49 AM, davsclaus <ci...@yahoo.dk> wrote:

> I am assuming we are building a new RC for the 1.3 release?
>
> In that respect we have a bug CAMEL-410 that I would like to get fixed and
> included. I got the bug nailed down but want to polish and improve the
> unit
> tests before committing. I anticipate that I will be done at the end of
> the
> weekend at the latest.
>
> The bug is basically if you configure Camel to use 2 or more exception
> handlers, then Camel could potentially pick the worst candidate for
> handling
> the thrown exception. By that I mean eg. a top level
> .exception(Exception.class) instead of a user specific exception such as
> .exception(MyBusinessException.class).
>
> I am introducing a strategy to resolve which is the best exception type to
> handle the thrown exception in questions. The default strategy will be to
> use the exception that is the closets match to the thrown exception.
>
> eg. java.net.ConnectionException will match java.io.IOException
> eg. CamelExchangeException will match CamelException
> eg. MyBusinessException will match MyBaseBusinessException
> eg. NullPointerException will match Exception
>
> Well you might get the picture.
>
> A different strategy could be to use the ordering of how the exceptions
> was
> configured. Use the fist match that can handle it etc (top-down).
>
> /Claus

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet