Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Labudu Gopanna <La...@cybage.com> on 2006/12/11 12:49:59 UTC

HTTPS Recording using badboy?

Hi all,

            I have recorded script using badboy and exported to jmeter

Jmeter is giving results for HTTP request and not for HTTPS request.

For HTTPS Jmeter is giving following exception

Please help, how to do the same

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: bad_record_mac

            at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.a(Unknown
Source)

            at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.b(Unknown
Source)

            at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.b(Unknown
Source)

            at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(Unknown
Source)

            at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.j(Unknown
Source)

            at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown
Source)

            at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(Unknown Source)

            at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Un
known Source)

            at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionOldImpl.co
nnect(Unknown Source)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.j
ava:406)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
erBase.java:658)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
erBase.java:647)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)

            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Note : I am using Jmeter 2.2 and jdk1.4, I have copied jsse .jar files
to jmeter/lib/ext folder.

            Removed comments in the jmeter.properties file for the
following statements.

ssl.provider=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider

ssl.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol

javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=changeit

From

Gopal

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com

RE: HTTPS Recording using badboy?

Posted by Labudu Gopanna <La...@cybage.com>.
Thanks sebb,
		I have tried on another https site where this is working
fine but jmeter failed for https requests whenever user passes parameter
like UserId and password.

Note: I have tested on a bank site.
and jmeter does not give pass(results) on some HTTPS sites.why?

>            I have recorded script using badboy and exported to jmeter
>
> Jmeter is giving results for HTTP request and not for HTTPS request.
>
> For HTTPS Jmeter is giving following exception
>
> Please help, how to do the same
>

> javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: bad_record_mac
>
>            at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.a(Unknown
> Source)
>
>            at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.b(Unknown
> Source)
>
>            at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.b(Unknown
> Source)
>
>            at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(Unknown
> Source)
>
>            at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.j(Unknown
> Source)
>
>            at
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown
> Source)
>
>            at
> sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(Unknown Source)
>
>            at

sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Un
> known Source)
>
>            at

com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionOldImpl.co
> nnect(Unknown Source)
>
>            at

org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.j
> ava:406)
>
>            at

org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
> erBase.java:658)
>
>            at

org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
> erBase.java:647)
>
>            at
> org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)
>
>            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>

> Note : I am using Jmeter 2.2 and jdk1.4, I have copied jsse .jar files
> to jmeter/lib/ext folder.

Delete these files; JDK 1.4 already includes SSL support.

>            Removed comments in the jmeter.properties file for the
> following statements.
>
> ssl.provider=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
>
> ssl.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol
>
> javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=changeit

Not sure you need to uncomment these.

Try connecting to a different https site.

Posted by Labudu Gopanna <La...@cybage.com>.

Hi sebb,
	I am sure, I have uncommented required statements in
jmeter.Properties file. It did not work. same exception is shown.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.