Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/14 10:42:16 UTC

Bundlize each cxf jar?

Dear devs

I see the cxf adopt a different approach to make bundles. That is, make 2
separate distributions named "cxf-bundle" and "cxf-bundle-minimal" to
contain the different set of components.  But in our osgi based project, we
don't need all the jars included in the above 2 bundles, but only part of
them. So, seems we need to make a customize bundle ourselves which only
contains the necessary bundles.
Could you have any plan to bundlize each jar like what axis2 did so that we
don't have to make an individual cxf bundle?

Thanks and regards!

--
Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org

Re: Bundlize each cxf jar?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thu January 14 2010 4:42:16 am Rex Wang wrote:
> Dear devs
>
> I see the cxf adopt a different approach to make bundles. That is, make 2
> separate distributions named "cxf-bundle" and "cxf-bundle-minimal" to
> contain the different set of components.  But in our osgi based project, we
> don't need all the jars included in the above 2 bundles, but only part of
> them. So, seems we need to make a customize bundle ourselves which only
> contains the necessary bundles.
> Could you have any plan to bundlize each jar like what axis2 did so that we
> don't have to make an individual cxf bundle?

Unfortunately, making each jar a full bundle is not something we can do until
3.0 time frame as we have some packages that are split across jars.  (like the
API stuff in cxf-api, but the impls in the other jar, but in the same package)
Bundle fragments are a possibility, but not something we've looked into at
all.   Patches would be welcome.   :-)

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org