Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Blower, Andy" <An...@proquest.co.uk> on 2010/10/27 13:14:40 UTC

Tapestry 5.2 - page pooling replacement

First indications show that the move away from page pooling has dramatically decreased the memory required by our Tapestry app. Thank you Howard. I've not been able to spend long profiling the differences unfortunately, so I have no concrete numbers.

I do have one question however, do the tapestry.page-pool.* configuration values have any effect any more?

Cheers,

Andy

Re: Tapestry 5.2 - page pooling replacement

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Only if you enable the pool again. It is deisabled by default.

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de

Re: Tapestry 5.2 - page pooling replacement

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
That's great news ... thanks for being a guinea pig on this.  I
suspect you'll see a bit more PermGen usage, the same amount of thrash
in the eden space (mostly DOM nodes and temporary strings), but a lot
less in the long-lived heap.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry