Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Peter Theissen <pe...@web.de> on 2008/05/21 16:03:55 UTC

[Nb] Problem with fieldvalidator of type fieldexpression

Hello,

I have a certain problem with the fieldvalidator of type
fieldexpression: It is not running at all!
Even if I try the simplest possible case it doesnt work
(I assume that 'false' is a valid OGNL expr):

<field name="registration.city">
  <field-validator type="fieldexpression">
    <param name="expression"><![CDATA[ false ]]></param>
      <message>This is only a test.</message>
  </field-validator>
</field>

What can be the reason for it? Im now googling and searching
for quite a long time and I do not have the slightest idea
what the cause might be! Is there any docs how to use the
OGNL Console, which is invoked by ?debug=console ?
Wasnt able to use it in the right way.

All other validators wotk perfectly, such as:

<field name="registration.city">
  <field-validator type="requiredstring">
    <message>You must enter your city.</message>
   </field-validator>
</field>

etc.

Any help appreciated