Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/17 08:53:57 UTC

[GSoC] End of bonding period, start of 'Work Period'

Hi GSoC students,

The bonding period is officially over, thanks for introducing yourselves, creating the pages on the wiki and writing the docs.

Our guide is now complete with the five proposals, congrats on submitting your first patches:

http://people.apache.org/~sebgoa/cloudstack-gsoc.pdf

You should feel free to browse through the doc bugs in JIRA and help out fix some of them since you know how to contribute to our documentation now :)

I will restructure the guide a bit so that you can write your findings in it as well, I will probably move all the proposals into a chapter and create a new chapter on 'findings'. If one of you wants to do it, just jump in and submit a patch.

*I want to encourage you to no be afraid to email and chat on IRC, the more active and vocal, the more you will get from the community and the better your project will end up.*
Above coding GSoC is about experiencing the community and understanding what it's like to work in a collaborative open source environment. Don't be shy, jump in...

-------------

We are now entering the first work period June 17-July 29th which will end with evaluations being submitted to Google. So it's time to make sure you understand the issues, have all the tools you need to solve them, have a plan (set of sub-tasks in JIRA) and then work your plan.

JIRA is good to help you keep on track, see what Nguyen is doing:

@all: I would like to see the same thing for all of you. A set of sub-tasks entered in JIRA under your main bug id.

@shiva: make sure to claim your bug

@ian: did you check all the LDAP related issues in JIRA ? it might help you identify problems and you maybe able to fix some of them already.

Finally, use the wiki to enter some weekly updates. So that everyone sees where you stand.

Thanks and all the best to all, let's get coding now...

-sebastien

Re: [GSoC] End of bonding period, start of 'Work Period'

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <cl...@aprateek.com>.

On 17/06/13 2:34 PM, "Sebastien Goasguen" <ru...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jun 17, 2013, at 4:54 AM, Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sebastian,
>>
>> I have updated the JIRA case for my project to add more steps so it is
>> like Nguyen's one.
>>
>> Just after looking through JIRA, results are as follows:
>>
>> (Resolved) CLOUDSTACK-2287 - Automation:LDAP: Appears to be solved.
>> tsp added tests for it.
>>
>> (Resolved) CLOUDSTACK-1172 - Ldap enhancements: Marked of by abhi as
>>resolved.
>>
>> (Blocked) CLOUDSTACK-1540 - LdapRemove within ui: Blocked due to
>> CLOUDSTACK-2168.
>>
>> (Resolved) CLOUDSTACK-1495 - Change UI field name "bind username"
>>
>> (Open) CLOUDSTACK-2168 - configured LDAP values not shown in UI.
>> Commenter says its a regression issues. When I tested this my values
>> disappeared and a message "No data to show" was given. Querying the
>> API directly still showed my LDAP configuration.
>>
>> (Open) CLOUDSTACK-430 - Authentication should support multiple LDAP
>>servers.
>>
>> (Resolved) CLOUDSTACK-1069 - Workaround for CS and LDAP users to login
>> simultaneously. Marked as unresolved, appears to be resolved based on
>> comments. Appears to no longer be an issue in 4.1 and 4.2 based on
>> comments on CLOUDSTACK-1930.
>>
>> (Open) CLOUDSTACK-1062 - LDAP integration with ACS user management,
>> detailed at
>>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/ACS+integration+wi
>>th+User+LDAP+base
>>
>> (Open) Cloudstack-1213 - LDAP SSL auth failed to setup. On first look
>> and reading of the error message It appears to be a user issue with
>> the trustedstore certificate not existing.
>>
>> (Fixed) Cloudstack-1142 - due to "%" being illegal character. Marked
>> as big fixed.
>>
>> (Fixed) CLOUDSTACK-1398 - Failed to update job status. Marked fixed.
>>
>> (Fixed) CLOUDSTACK-1494 - Showing wrong warning messages. Markd as
>>Fixed.
>
>Ian thanks for this,
>
>Where it makes sense, feel free to comment and test.
>
>If some of those open bugs fit into your project plan, make sure to link
>to those jira bugs
>If you think you can fix them, feel free to claim the bugs and assign
>them to you.
>
>-Sebastien

In case some of these bugs do not make sense, do discuss these with me.

-abhi

Re: [GSoC] End of bonding period, start of 'Work Period'

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.