Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Michael Dondrup <Mi...@bccs.uib.no> on 2009/10/06 13:22:33 UTC

Understanding EPR handling (was ODE and asynchronous transport using ReplyTo)

Dear Milinda and Mark, dear list,

thank you very much for your suggestions, I hope you can help me once
again. I am now trying to build a simplified example case using an
Echo Service with WS-Addressing.
While doing this I came across the Endpoint References page again,
because I think I have to better understand EPR handling.
Reading the page: http://ode.apache.org/endpoint-references.html I
have some more questions:

- The example mentions to use a myRole to create an endpoint reference
for the process.
<partnerLink name="responderPartnerLink"
partnerLinkType="test:ResponderPartnerLinkType" myRole="main"
partnerRole="responder" initializePartnerRole="yes"/>
But this role has also to be defined somehow, where and how can the
Role "main" be defined?

- The documentation mentions that EPRs can be copied to the
PartnerLink like for example:

<!-- WS-Addressing EPR, with the wrapper -->
	<copy>
			<...>
				 <wsa:EndpointReference xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing
">
						<wsa:To>http://localhost:8080/ode/dynresponder</wsa:To>
				 </wsa:EndpointReference>
			<...>
		 <to partnerLink="responderPartnerLink"/>
	 </copy>
Can this construct be also used to pass a ReplyTo address to the
service?

-- And last question: where does this ttp://localhost:8080/ode/
dynresponder address come from? Is is a service that is there by
default?

Thank you very much again.

Michael