Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Andrei Ivanov <my...@surfeu.fi> on 2002/06/11 17:29:15 UTC

Logging (changing log level without restarting)

Hi
I am currently using "standard" logging configurations for my Phoenix
application. I am not well familiar with log4j and logs 1.1. but I have to
implement "daily rotating" of log files and possibility to change log levels
without restarting Phoenix.
As I understood I have to use logs 1.1 for daily rotating. Where I can find
examples and documentation of logs 1.1?
Is it possible to change log level during run time with logs 1.1? If not,
where I can read find examples of how to utilize log4j wrapper for Avalon
logkit used in Phoenix?

Best regards,
Andrei

Re: Logging (changing log level without restarting)

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Actually it was committed - ignore me ;)

At 01:51 PM 6/13/2002 +1000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I don't actually use that so I am not sure I can be much help. There is
>extensive documentation in the api docs for exclibur.logger I believe and
>Eung-ju has actually made some documentation for it but we never got
>around to applying it. Heres a link for basic documentation
>
>http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=avalon-phoenix-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=69405
>
>Hopefully that helps else ask for some more information.
>
>Could someone else (or Eung-ju) apply this patch ? TIA.
>
>At 06:29 PM 6/11/2002 +0300, you wrote:
>>Hi
>>I am currently using "standard" logging configurations for my Phoenix
>>application. I am not well familiar with log4j and logs 1.1. but I have to
>>implement "daily rotating" of log files and possibility to change log levels
>>without restarting Phoenix.
>>As I understood I have to use logs 1.1 for daily rotating. Where I can find
>>examples and documentation of logs 1.1?
>>Is it possible to change log level during run time with logs 1.1? If not,
>>where I can read find examples of how to utilize log4j wrapper for Avalon
>>logkit used in Phoenix?
>>
>>Best regards,
>>Andrei
>>

>>--
>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>><ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>Cheers,
>
>Peter Donald
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind,
>and proving that there is no need to do so - almost
>everyone gets busy on the proof."
>              - John Kenneth Galbraith
>For additional commands, e-mail:
><ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Cheers,

Peter Donald
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I don't actually use that so I am not sure I can be much help. There is
extensive documentation in the api docs for exclibur.logger I believe and
Eung-ju has actually made some documentation for it but we never got around
to applying it. Heres a link for basic documentation

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=avalon-phoenix-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=69405

Hopefully that helps else ask for some more information.

Could someone else (or Eung-ju) apply this patch ? TIA.

At 06:29 PM 6/11/2002 +0300, you wrote:
>Hi
>I am currently using "standard" logging configurations for my Phoenix
>application. I am not well familiar with log4j and logs 1.1. but I have to
>implement "daily rotating" of log files and possibility to change log levels
>without restarting Phoenix.
>As I understood I have to use logs 1.1 for daily rotating. Where I can find
>examples and documentation of logs 1.1?
>Is it possible to change log level during run time with logs 1.1? If not,
>where I can read find examples of how to utilize log4j wrapper for Avalon
>logkit used in Phoenix?
>
>Best regards,
>Andrei
>

>--