Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2011/01/23 00:09:02 UTC

Re: updates reverts

Jim, would you please undo the damage?  Not sure if you are subscribed to docs@.

Re: updates reverts

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@apache.org>.
It is possible. That's why I suggested you reapply.

Thx

Re: updates reverts

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 1/23/2011 11:49 PM, Kaspar Brand wrote:
> On 23.01.2011 19:48, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> No idea what happened... I didn't do any docs change except
>> for proxy, so when I redid those, the fr may have gotten
>> reverted?
>
> Hmm, from looking at the commit message at
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1060392, perhaps
> some git-svn "side effect"?

That would seem like it.  It's more than a little troubling if this svn
enablement is permitting committers to modify files they are unaware of
modifying.

Folks using svn-git, please spend some extra attention to your commit
history emails for a bit here, and share your experiences especially if
you discover unintended side effects similar to this?

>> In any case, +1 on simply re-applying them.

Agreed, and since you reverted them, it would fall upon you to do that :(

Re: updates reverts

Posted by Kaspar Brand <ht...@velox.ch>.

Re: updates reverts

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
No idea what happened... I didn't do any docs change except
for proxy, so when I redid those, the fr may have gotten
reverted? In any case, +1 on simply re-applying them. Likely
easier.

Re: updates reverts

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Re: updates reverts

Posted by Lucien GENTIS <lu...@lorraine.iufm.fr>.
William A. Rowe Jr. a écrit :
> Jim, would you please undo the damage?  Not sure if you are subscribed to docs@.
>
> On 1/22/2011 10:29 AM, Lucien GENTIS wrote:
>
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> It seems that all my french translation updates of last week-end have been discarded.
>>
>> There are more than ten files, and all have been modified by "Jim"
>>
>> Example : I updated trunk/docs/manual/install.xml.fr on january, 16th, and this update has
>> been discarded on  january, 18th.
>>
>> So could Jim explain what's wrong with these files, since they were all validated through
>> "build.sh validate-xml" command.
>>
>> Happy week-end to all
>>
>> Lucien

Maybe I'll work on these files sooner or later, so I'd rather doing
myself this "revert's revert", if Jim doesn't give an answer (Who is Jim
? :-) )