Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "troy d. straszheim" <tr...@resophonic.com> on 2004/08/20 13:21:34 UTC

build bug?

Hi embperl:

I'm trying to get file upload working on a gentoo box.  I've built
apache/perl/modperl and installed Embperl via perl -MCPAN -e shell.
The only symptoms that I'm seeing are that
$fdat{filetoupload} is not a valid filehandle (when you break up the
upload code to something like)

    LOOPIT:
      print STDERR $fdat{newpdf};
      $bytes = read($fdat{newpdf}, $buffer, 8096);
      defined $bytes || die "bytes not defined: $!";
      print STDERR "read $bytes bytes\n";
      if ($bytes == 0) {
          goto DONE;
      }
      print UPLOAD $buffer || die "couldnt print to UPLOAD";

this gets you the error:

ERR:  24:  Error in Perl code: bytes not defined: Bad file descriptor
at ...

The installation doesn't go, anyway.  I've been attempting to use
gentoo's distribution.  I install apache (the gentoo package appears to
install both 1.3.x and 2.0.x), then I install mod_perl, then attempt to
install Embperl at the CPAN command line, like

perl -MCPAN -e shell
install HTML::Embperl

and the output is:

   CPAN.pm: Going to build G/GR/GRICHTER/Embperl-2.0.b11.tar.gz

... and everything looks OK until ...

Testing mod_perl mode...

#0 ascii...                   ok
#1 pure.htm...                ok
#2 nooutput.htm...            ok
#3 nooutput.htm...            ok
#4 plain.htm...               ok
#5 plain.htm...               ok
#6 plain.htm...               ok
#7 plainblock.htm...          ok
#8 plainblock.htm...          ok
#12 error.htm...

Expected 4 more error(s) in logfile

Input:          test/html/error.htm
Output:         test/tmp/out.htm
Log:            test/tmp/test.log
Testparameter:
   errors = 5
   version = 2
   repeat = 3

  ERRORS detected! NOT all test have been passed successfully

Any ideas?

Re: build bug?

Posted by Angus Lees <gu...@debian.org>.
At Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:21:34 +0200, troy d. straszheim wrote:
> I'm trying to get file upload working on a gentoo box.  I've built
> apache/perl/modperl and installed Embperl via perl -MCPAN -e shell.
> The only symptoms that I'm seeing are that
> $fdat{filetoupload} is not a valid filehandle

HTML::Embperl 1.3.x doesn't work with some recent changes in CGI.pm.

You either need a (small) hack or go for Embperl (v2) instead.

See the patches for my Debian libhtml-embperl-perl package if you
really want to use HTML::Embperl with perl 5.8.x:
 http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libh/libhtml-embperl-perl/libhtml-embperl-perl_1.3.6-2.diff.gz

--
 - Gus

Re: build bug? [Fixed: use CGI.pm <= 3.0]

Posted by "troy d. straszheim" <tr...@resophonic.com>.
OK, that was it.  There are still a number of errors in the test
output, I'm assuming these are not really errors but inconsistencies in
what the tests return from what the testing framework expects to see.
After rolling back to CGI.pm 3.0 things work again.

Thanks for the help...

-T

RE: build bug?

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

Re: build bug?

Posted by "troy d. straszheim" <tr...@resophonic.com>.

#65 upload.htm...
Error in Line 17
Is:     >----------<
Should: >f1=abc1<

RE: build bug?

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

Re: build bug?

Posted by "troy d. straszheim" <tr...@resophonic.com>.
Na, danke for the swift reply...

Yes, forcing installation is no problem, and everything seems to work
fine, except for the file upload issue.  .epl pages are correctly
generated u.s.w...

But somehow %fdat{uploadfilename}, as in the file upload examples, has
no valid filehandle associated with it.  I see this from different
browsers on PC's on different networks.  Would you have any suggestions
on how to debug this?  It is not clear to me how to get another level
down into the code.

Thanks again,

-t

RE: build bug?