Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/04 15:15:21 UTC

2 questions regarding building docs

H,

I started building the docs of the 4.2 tree, using the cfg publican-all.cfg
I fails. Is there a defined set of targets that must/should build in the
docs?

        Processing file tmp/en-US/xml_tmp/zone-add.xml ->
tmp/en-US/xml/zone-add.xml
Beginning work on en-US
Validation failed:
hypervisor-support-for-primarystorage.xml:6: validity error : ID
hypervisor-support-for-primarystorage already defined
add-remove-nic.xml:31: validity error : ID prereq-addnic already defined
api-throttling.xml:6: validity error : ID api-throttling already defined
api-throttling.xml:30: validity error : ID api-throttling-configure already
defined
api-throttling.xml:61: validity error : ID api-throttling-limitations
already defined
globally-configured-limits.xml:6: validity error : ID
globally-configured-limits already defined
configure-package-repository.xml:28: validity error : IDREF attribute
linkend references an unknown ID "sect-source-buildrpm"
management-server-install-multi-node.xml:30: validity error : IDREF
attribute linkend references an unknown ID "sect-source-buildrpm"
using-netscaler-load-balancers.xml:41: validity error : IDREF attribute
linkend references an unknown ID "external-guest-lb-integration"
configure-package-repository.xml:28: validity error : IDREF attribute
linkend references an unknown ID "sect-source-builddebs"
management-server-install-multi-node.xml:30: validity error : IDREF
attribute linkend references an unknown ID "sect-source-builddebs"

also the other targets flash by the following

Oct 4, 2013 3:12:03 PM org.apache.fop.hyphenation.Hyphenator
getHyphenationTree
SEVERE: Couldn't find hyphenation pattern en

I read I should ignore warnings and this one says severe. How important is
hyphenation in english?

thanks,
Daan

Re: 2 questions regarding building docs

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> H,
>
> I started building the docs of the 4.2 tree, using the cfg publican-all.cfg
> I fails. Is there a defined set of targets that must/should build in the
> docs?

I personally don't like the -all target. I generally consider the
minimum set of documents to be release notes (cd release-notes;
publican build --langs en-US --formats html )
Install guide (publican build --langs en-US --formats html --config
publican-installation.cfg) and the Admin guide ((publican build
--langs en-US --formats html --config publican-adminguide.cfg)

There is also the allocator implementation guide, the quick install
guide, and the guides for NVP and Midonet that we could deploy -
though I am honestly loathe to do so when our more basic docs have
such major issues.

--David

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
4.2 in the new repo, yes. It doesn't fail. I happend to notice the severe
message as it ran by

mobile biligual spell checker used

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.