Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Alan Eduardo Puc Pech <al...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/16 03:29:04 UTC

Compile and see the changes in AOO

I'm in practice and knowing the code in Drawing. And I will make changes in
the code to experiment and innovate more. but I have a doubt. How I can
update the code changed?

I have to apply these same steps?

   - cd main/ ; autoconf ; ./configure <some-switches> ; ./bootstrap

   - Build: source <platform-dependend-name>.sh ; cd instsetoo_native ;
   build --all

Regards
Alan.

Re: Compile and see the changes in AOO

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

On 16.05.2013 09:58, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 5/16/13 3:29 AM, Alan Eduardo Puc Pech wrote:
>> I'm in practice and knowing the code in Drawing. And I will make changes in
>> the code to experiment and innovate more. but I have a doubt. How I can
>> update the code changed?
>>
>> I have to apply these same steps?
>>

>>     - cd main/ ; autoconf ; ./configure <some-switches> ; ./bootstrap
>>

>>     - Build: source <platform-dependend-name>.sh ; cd instsetoo_native ;
>>     build --all
>>

> yes, these steps have to be done once. Build a complete office and
> install it somewhere.
>
> Depending on the changes you make you can later on go directly in the
> module where you have made changes and build locally
>
> simply run 'build' in the module or run first 'dmake' in a directory to
> check for compiler errors even more locally.
>
> Note in some module we have already changed to gnu make files.
>
> Once you have built a new library you can copy these new library in the
> installed office and replace the existing one.

Further information about partial build can be found at [1].

Please provide feedback, if the information of the wiki page helps you.
May be you can help to improve it - thanks in advance.

[1]
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO#Partial_Builds

Best regards, Oliver.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.