Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marco Caldirola <ca...@yahoo.it> on 2008/01/04 12:12:58 UTC

fifo queue

Hi,
I need to create on my tomcat 6.0 server a fifo queue of my http requests.
I want to process a single request at a time.
Do you have an idea?
Thanks in advance.
Marco

      ___________________________________
L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail: http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

Re: fifo queue

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
Reduce the max http request threads to 1.

However,

1) the admin request will be queued like user ones
2) it's not a fifo, the socket that are served, one at a time, by http
thread are, i think, in the same order as the thread get notified by jvm
En l'instant précis du 04/01/08 12:12, Marco Caldirola s'exprimait en
ces termes:

--
http://www.devlog.be (a belgian developer's logs)

Re: fifo queue

Posted by ben short <ja...@gmail.com>.
Add something like the following to your servlet

synchronized ( someObject )
               {
               do work
               }

But you'll need to be careful, as requests will block and clients
might time out if you are performing lengthy operations inside the
synchronized block.

Re: fifo queue

Posted by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>.
Marco Caldirola wrote:
> I need to create on my tomcat 6.0 server a fifo queue of my http requests.
> I want to process a single request at a time.
> Do you have an idea?

Change your idea. Do you really need such a nasty hack?

Use command pattern. Process requests as usual, create Command objects
and insert them into any queue you want.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>