Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ryan Lynch <rl...@veoh.com> on 2008/04/17 22:50:46 UTC

HBase shell issues on Cygwin

Hello,

I am currently having trouble using the HBase shell on Cygwin on a
Windows box. It appears not to be grabbing the entire input.  Below is
an example session.

$ bin/hbase shell

Hbase Shell, 0.0.2 version.

Copyright (c) 2007 by udanax, licensed to Apache Software Foundation.

Type 'help;' for usage.

hql > help;

Syntax error : Type 'help;' for usage.

Message : Encountered "hep" at line 1, column 2.

hql >

As you can see its taking in my "help;" input and thinking I typed
"hep"!?  Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ryan

RE: Regions Offline

Posted by David Alves <dr...@criticalsoftware.com>.
Hi Brian

	I'm using hbase trunk (updated yesterday) and Hadoop 0.17 branch.

David

Re: Regions Offline

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.

Re: Regions Offline

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
David:

Attached is a hacked up tool that you can use to online your regions.

Put it into your hbase install at src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase.
Compile.  Then you should be able to do something like "./bin/hbase
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseTool" to see a usage message.  Pass the row
name and whether you want it 'on' or 'off'.

St.Ack

Regions Offline