Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Gilles Coppex <g....@gmail.com> on 2015/01/06 11:05:02 UTC

PDF inside PDF with PDFBox

Hello,
I'm new to this mailing list and I have a basic question: how to embed a
EPS image into the created PDF ?
I thought we must convert it first to PDF (which can be done with
Ghostscript) and then insert but I could not find the way to do that.

Thanks,

Gilles

Re: PDF inside PDF with PDFBox

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com>.
Hi Gilles,

Yes, you must first convert the EPS to PDF with a tool such as Ghostscript.
You can then embed that PDF onto another PDF page by following our
SuperimposePage example:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/pdfbox/branches/1.8/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/documentmanipulation/SuperimposePage.java?view=log

This uses a feature of PDF known as a Form XObject.

-- John