Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Bradley Williams <bw...@clientsoft.com> on 2001/11/27 17:17:14 UTC

Extending Axis server to provide custom execution

We have a legacy extension product that allows client access to mainframe
data through our product.

Our product has a java API associated with calling prepared host scripts to
retrieve data.  I Was trying figure out the best way to access the java API
to execute the scripted host tasks as a webservice.  Looking at the
architecture of Axis,  it appears that it would be possible to write my own
Provider class ?

Problems / Questions.

Is that the right approach ?

How do I get the inbound requests to the correct provider ?

How do I configure the new Custom Provider in the Axis Server ?

We use a embedded servlet container as parts of the product.  I would like
to mount the axis server in that container and execute our api through the
axis server.

Any help would be appreciated.

                           ((
Bradley G. Williams         ))