Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Karthik Ananthakrishnan <ka...@beyondsquare.com> on 2017/11/22 15:33:13 UTC

Fineract - MySQL to Oracle.

Hello all,

I am planning to build a lending platform on top of Fineract (https://github.com/apache/fineract). We want to change the DB from MySQL to Oracle. Has anyone in the group attempted this before.? If yes, do you have the steps so that I don’t have to re-invent the wheel again.

People who are aware of the changes required can also please let me know the steps. Will be helpful and can be a starting point for me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karthik

Re: Fineract - MySQL to Oracle.

Posted by Markus Geiss <ma...@apache.org>.
Hey Karthik,

as mentioned earlier in our conversation ... for now Apache Fineract 1.x
is using native SQL within the code so you'd need to replace all of this.

In addition all migrations scripts written in native SQL for MySQL utilizing
flyway to process them.

With the next generation, Apache Fineract CN, you would only need to
add new migration scripts for Oracle and change the underlying DB reference.

Cheers

Markus

.::Yagni likes a DRY KISS::.

Re: Fineract - MySQL to Oracle.