Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2004/11/07 22:43:15 UTC

JDK 1.3 build fails

I just tried compiling BRANCH_2_1_X using jdk1.3.1_12. I am getting the
same error Antonio reported in
http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2004-May/032961.html.
I don't see a mention of how this was fixed.

Re: JDK 1.3 build fails

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Hi Ralph:
>
>It is supposed that the scratchpad block is one of the expception while
>building with 1.3. Also there is the ojb block too. This blocks only work
>for java 1.4. If you are using 1.3, you can exclude this 2 blocks from the
>build.
>
>BTW, there is jdk1.3.1_13

Thanks.  It appears the problem is that there are non-english characters
in a few of the files.

However, I will exclude them as I don't need them for what I need to do.

Thank,
Ralph

RE: JDK 1.3 build fails

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Carsten Ziegeler dijo:
> Cocoon 2.1.x must build with JDK 1.3 - so we really should fix this!
> Why do I need 1.4 for OJB and scratchpad?

Because there are libraries that use 1.4 API. ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

RE: JDK 1.3 build fails

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Cocoon 2.1.x must build with JDK 1.3 - so we really should fix this!
Why do I need 1.4 for OJB and scratchpad?

Carsten

Re: JDK 1.3 build fails

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi Ralph: