Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jarecsni János <ja...@chello.hu> on 2002/02/06 17:45:40 UTC

Catalina: cannot generate configuration for Apache

Hi,

The Tomcat 4.0.1 documentation at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/ajp.html suggest one
wanting to integrate TC401 with Apache the following:

[...]
To generate the global Apache directives (e.g. LoadModule, JkLogFile), you
define a Server Listener:

		<Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig" />
[...]

But when you actually include this tag and start tomcat, you'll get a
ClassNotFoundException. I tried to locate the class in question but in vain.
No Jar contained it, and what's more I've found nothing regarding it on the
Internet.

Thanks in advance,
János

PS: isn't it something that's only available in a source-distribution?

--
Jarecsni, János
MORGAN HILL CONSULTING, Internet Applications Unit

RE: Catalina: cannot generate configuration for Apache

Posted by Jarecsni János <ja...@chello.hu>.
HI,

afaik TC402b is not available for download in binary form, isn't it?

Cheers,
János

|> wanting to integrate TC401 with Apache the following:
|>
|> [...]
|> To generate the global Apache directives (e.g. LoadModule,
|JkLogFile), you
|> define a Server Listener:
|>
|> <Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN" debug="0">
|> <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig" />
|> [...]
|>
|> But when you actually include this tag and start tomcat, you'll get a
|> ClassNotFoundException. I tried to locate the class in question but in
|vain.
|> No Jar contained it, and what's more I've found nothing regarding it on
|the
|> Internet.
|
|This documentation is relevant to the latest Tomcat 4.0
|distribution (that's
|4.0.2 b2).
|4.0.2 Final will be released soon.
|
|Remy