Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Vikram Vaswani <vi...@loudcloudsystems.com> on 2013/08/20 06:22:21 UTC

JCR/MySQL backup performance

Hi all

We are using Jackrabbit + MySQL as the data store. The current size of the JCR database is ~25 GB and we've seen that our application adds ~1GB of new data daily. We're using InnoDB as the table storage engine.

We have a daily backup process for the database. We've seen that this daily backup takes ~5 hrs to complete. We've been unable to identify why it takes so long and are concerned that backup time will continue to increase as the size of the database grows.

Would others on this list be able to help diagnose this issue or suggest how we could improve the backup performance?

TIA,

Vikram

________________________________
This email may contain proprietary, privileged and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only. If, by an addressing or transmission error, this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to notify us immediately by return email message and delete this email and its attachments. You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this email message, contents or its attachment(s) other than by its intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and may not necessarily represent those of LoudCloud Systems. Before opening attachment(s), please scan for viruses. It is further notified that email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any error or omission in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of email transmission. LoudCloud Systems Inc. and its subsidiaries do not accept liability for damage caused by this email or any attachments and may monitor email traffic.
________________________________

Re: JCR/MySQL backup performance

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@onehippo.com>.
Hi,

I do not have a lot of experience with backup performance, but have you
looked into what the different table sizes are? It might point you into a
direction. I know that the journal table can grow quite fast and you can
clean up old entries if necessary.

Jeroen

--
Jeroen Reijn
Solution Architect

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

http://about.me/jeroenreijn