Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com> on 2008/08/05 17:49:22 UTC

qpid-tool change

I've committed a change to qpid-tool to provide some richer functionality.

See below the updated help text.  There is a new command called "show"
which is now used to view the contents of management objects.  The
"list" command always provides a list of objects, one line per object,
and can now be used to see a list of only active objects (omitting the
deleted ones).

-Ted

Management Tool for QPID

Commands:
    list                            - Print summary of existing objects
by class
    list <className>                - Print list of objects of the
specified class
    list <className> active         - Print list of non-deleted objects
of the specified class
    show <className>                - Print contents of all objects of
specified class
    show <className> active         - Print contents of all non-deleted
objects of specified class
    show <list-of-IDs>              - Print contents of one or more
objects (infer className)
    show <className> <list-of-IDs>  - Print contents of one or more objects
        list is space-separated, ranges may be specified (i.e. 1004-1010)
    call <ID> <methodName> [<args>] - Invoke a method on an object
    schema                          - Print summary of object classes
seen on the target
    schema <className>              - Print details of an object class
    set time-format short           - Select short timestamp format
(default)
    set time-format long            - Select long timestamp format
    id [<ID>]                       - Display translations of display
object ids
    quit or ^D                      - Exit the program

Re: qpid-tool change

Posted by michael goulish <mg...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 11:49 -0400, Ted Ross wrote:
> I've committed a change to qpid-tool to provide some richer functionality.
>
> See below the updated help text.  There is a new command called "show"
> which is now used to view the contents of management objects.  The
> "list" command always provides a list of objects, one line per object,
> and can now be used to see a list of only active objects (omitting the
> deleted ones).
>
> -Ted
>

> Management Tool for QPID
>
> Commands:
>     list                            - Print summary of existing objects
> by class
>     list <className>                - Print list of objects of the
> specified class
>     list <className> active         - Print list of non-deleted objects
> of the specified class
>     show <className>                - Print contents of all objects of
> specified class
>     show <className> active         - Print contents of all non-deleted
> objects of specified class
>     show <list-of-IDs>              - Print contents of one or more
> objects (infer className)
>     show <className> <list-of-IDs>  - Print contents of one or more objects
>         list is space-separated, ranges may be specified (i.e. 1004-1010)
>     call <ID> <methodName> [<args>] - Invoke a method on an object
>     schema                          - Print summary of object classes
> seen on the target
>     schema <className>              - Print details of an object class
>     set time-format short           - Select short timestamp format
> (default)
>     set time-format long            - Select long timestamp format
>     id [<ID>]                       - Display translations of display
> object ids
>     quit or ^D                      - Exit the program

Thanks!  This feature looks really good.  I predict that I will get a
lot of use out of it.