Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Mike Johnson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/03 00:28:38 UTC

bootstrap bug

Hi - I just wanted to make the devs aware of a simple bug in bootstrap.py.
 The OS detection method fails if /etc/issue has been modified in RHEL6 for
example.  Ours gets modified automatically when we install Centrify and
join Active Directory.  This caused bootstrap to assume the platform was
Suse.

I suggest looking for the presence of /etc/redhat-release.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: bootstrap bug

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks. Would you like to open a Apache JIRA on this issue as well?

-Sumit