Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ignite_user2016 <ri...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/06 17:43:46 UTC

spring boot clustered session with ignite

Has any body had any success on running spring boot session with ignite ? we
want to use ignite as our session cache so that we can clustered out SB app.

Do we have to use spring session here ? wondering why not simple web session
?

Thanks,
Rishi

Re: spring boot clustered session with ignite

Posted by ignite_user2016 <ri...@gmail.com>.
yes, we are actually looking for web session storage / clustering using
WebSessionFilter ( Ignite feature ) though caching works with ignite without
any issues.

http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/v1.1/docs/web-session-clustering

We could not store web session on ignite running under spring boot platform
due to spring security filters.

we cant take risk to disable securities however even after disabling
securities still it would not work for us.

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It look like Ignite does not support Spring Boot integration [1].

A guy create Spring Boot starter for Ignite [2] and demo-app [3]. Possibly
it can help you. Have you already try it?

[1]
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/integration-with-spring-boot-td4571.html
[2] https://github.com/kvmorozov/ignite-spring-boot
[3] https://github.com/kvmorozov/ignite-spring-boot-demo

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 5:28 AM, ignite_user2016 <ri...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Any reply will help me here ? we are running into issues where spring
> filter
> s cant recognize Ignite as session data store result in weird errors.
>
> I see an issue out there but no progress since it got created.
>
> Better response would help me sticking to Ignite here.

Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov

Re: spring boot clustered session with ignite

Posted by ignite_user2016 <ri...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Val for all your help.

I will get started with dev forum.

Re: spring boot clustered session with ignite

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Great! Please refer to this page for details:
http://ignite.apache.org/community/contribute.html#contribute

-Val

Re: spring boot clustered session with ignite

Posted by ignite_user2016 <ri...@gmail.com>.
Yes,I am interested in contribution.

Re: spring boot clustered session with ignite

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rishi,

We currently don't use voting. In any case, the fastest way to get a future
done is to contribute it. Are you interested?

-Val

Re: spring boot clustered session with ignite

Posted by ignite_user2016 <ri...@gmail.com>.
How do I vote for following feature ?

Rishi