Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2017/06/23 08:34:08 UTC

[DISCUSS] - Support Bearer authorization for JWT tokens?

Hi all,

Larry McCay from Apache Knox (amongst other projects) raised an interesting
point here:

https://twitter.com/lmccay/status/877981989638356992

Rather than use a custom header "X-Syncope-Token" to include the JWT token
when invoking on the Syncope REST services, we might as well instead use
the "Bearer" Authorization header to follow the standards:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6750

We could support both for 2.0.4 and then switch to only supporting the
Authorization header for 2.1.0.

WDYT?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: [DISCUSS] - Support Bearer authorization for JWT tokens?

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
> OK fair enough, here is the JIRA:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-112

Thanks!

> How do we maintain the release notes?

Not very efficiently ATM, I'd say: essentially, in the release process,
there are some steps where commits related to each issue (part of the
release) are inspected to find relevant changes which might cause
troubles when upgrading.

Anyway, nothing prevents to start early drafting the release upgrade
process before actual release.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: [DISCUSS] - Support Bearer authorization for JWT tokens?

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
OK fair enough, here is the JIRA:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-1120

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.