Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Rob Vesse <rv...@vdesign-studios.com> on 2021/06/01 15:15:08 UTC

Migrating off of Git Pub Sub for Website Publishing

Hey All

Hopefully some/all of you saw ASF Infrastructure’s announcement today about the forthcoming end of support for using Git Pub Sub for website publishing [1] and instead moving to self-service publishing control via the .asf.yaml file [2].

Per [3] our website is currently using Git Pub Sub (enter Jena in the search box) so we need to move onto .asf.yaml files.  I have created two PRs [4][5] for this since we publish from two branches so please review when you get chance.

Note that from the documentation this change does mean we would potentially be able to enable a staging site again by having a dedicated branch where we merge changes prior to merging them onwards to main for publishing.  I haven’t done a PR for that for the time being since it would also require a new Jenkinsfile to create and publish a separate staging branch similar to how the existing one publishes to the asf-site branch.  If that sounds like something it would be useful to have again please respond here and I’ll look into doing that as well.

Hope this helps,

Rob

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/raf30ca1c77b81bc8c535c53b7aff38e1ff3c755ce84f4a40a6d8ad53%40%3Cusers.infra.apache.org%3E (ASF Login required)

[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Git+-+.asf.yaml+features#Git.asf.yamlfeatures-WebSiteDeploymentServiceforGitRepositories

[3] https://infra-reports.apache.org/site-source/

[4] https://github.com/apache/jena-site/pull/56

[5] https://github.com/apache/jena-site/pull/55

Re: Migrating off of Git Pub Sub for Website Publishing

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.
Yes we can delay merging

On the wiki page it does say that as soon as you enable this it disables pub sub

Rob

On 01/06/2021, 17:26, "Andy Seaborne" <an...@apache.org> wrote:

    Looks good.

    Could we delay the changes until after the release? I have updates
    queued locally waiting for the final step of going live.

    It doesn't say if git-pub-sub is automatically turned off when the
    .asf.yaml entries appear.

         Andy

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Looks good.