Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@progress.com> on 2009/03/11 10:54:17 UTC

Re: CXF Restful example source code and howto... missing files and code in interfaces?

Hi

> http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/jax-rs.html
>
> is there a complete download of the project someplace?

CXF JAXRS implementation is included in a CXF distribution. CXF JAXRS bundle is also available - I'll be spending much more time
past 2.2 to ensure it plays nice on its own.

> *** Noticed there is no class "Customers" nor "Product"
>
> *** What is the definition that results in the following output for
> Customer and Customers?
> GET http://foobar.com/api/customers
> <customers>
>    <customer id="1005">John Doe</customer>
>    <customer id="1006">Jane Doe</customer>

It's a section on how to use UriBuilder and UriInfo so the details of the actual classes like Customers/Customer and how they're
serialized is not that important. You can imagine a Customer being nnotated with JAXB annotations, such that for ex 'id' is
serialized as an attribute while theer's could be a custom MessageBodyWriter which produces a customers list...

> </customers>
>
> *** CODE IN INTERFACES?
> public interface CustomerService {

Oops :-) Fixed this copy/paste piece now :-)

thanks, Sergey