Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/17 17:56:12 UTC

Servicemix 4.0 and servicemix-shared

Hello,

I've been trying out Servicemix 4.0 so that I can try to do some clustering
with servicemix (I was unsuccessfully able to get it to work in Servicemix
3.3, the activemq brokers would connect, but component registrations weren't
propagated between the two servicemix instances).  I seem to have worked out
some of the dependency issues I ran into with my Servicemix 3.3 archives,
except for one.  Non of my custom JBI components deploy in Servicemix 4.0.
They have a dependency to servicemix-shared in them, but Servicemix 4.0 says
that the dependency is unresolved.  I notice that servicemix-jms depends on
servicemix shared, but my components can't seem to find servicemix-shared:

11:17:18,390 | WARN  | pool-1-thread-1  | Deployer                         |
cemix.jbi.deployer.impl.Deployer  359 | Requirements not met for JBI
artifact in bundle null (monitor-service-se). Installation pending.
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.deployer.impl.PendingException: SharedLibrary not
installed: servicemix-shared

Is there something I might be doing wrong with servicemix-shared?  Other
than upgrading the version in my pom to 2009.01 .. nothing else has changed
with how I reference it.

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: Servicemix 4.0 and servicemix-shared

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
I seemed to have managed to work this out... in order for me to be able to
deploy my service-engine on Servicemix 4.0, I substituted servicemix-common
for servicemix-shared, which allowed me to deploy the component.

For my custom binding components, they won't deploy unless I remove
servicemix-shared, include servicemix-common, servicemix-utils and wsdl4j
(with scope provided).

I know you guys have said that the jbi components should work out of the
box.. but appears that there are some changes in the dependencies?

I have to include servicemix-utils to get rid of the following error when I
build or deploy:

org.apache.servicemix.executors.ExecutorFactory in classloader
my-component-bc

and wsdl4j needs to be at least included in provided scope or the xbean
generations fails with:

... caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.wsdl.Definition

Now hopefully the components actually still work...

Ryan