Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Shade, Richard" <Ri...@LMBerry.com> on 2002/02/22 20:58:41 UTC

Mod_auth_mysql

Hey Guy I am having a problem with mod_auth_mysql and authentication. I have
attached the directives and the Sql please let me know if you see anything
wrong.

[SQL]
# MySQL-Front Dump 2.1
#
# Host: 66.140.132.226   Database: GDS
#--------------------------------------------------------
# Server version 3.23.41

#
# Table structure for table 'IMS_USER'
#

CREATE TABLE `IMS_USER` (
  `USERID` smallint(6) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `user_name` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
  `user_passwd` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
  `FirstName` text,
  `LastName` text,
  `Dear` text,
  `Address` text,
  `City` text,
  `State` text,
  `Region` text,
  `PostalCode` text,
  `Country` text,
  `CompanyName` text,
  `Title` text,
  `WorkPhone` text,
  `WorkExtension` text,
  `HomePhone` text,
  `MobilePhone` text,
  `FaxNumber` text,
  `EmailName` text,
  `LastMeetingDate` datetime default NULL,
  `ReferredBy` text,
  `Photograph` mediumblob,
  `Notes` mediumtext,
  `ContactsInterests` text,
  `FieldName` tinyint(3) unsigned default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`USERID`),
  UNIQUE KEY `UNAME` (`user_name`,`user_passwd`)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

[Apache Directives]
DocumentRoot /websites/gds
ServerName gds.royalhosting.net
<Directory "/websites/gds">
AuthName "Geographical Data Systems"
AuthType Basic
require valid-user
allow from all
order allow,deny
AuthUserFile /dev/null
Auth_MySQL_Host localhost
Auth_MySQL_DB GDS
Auth_MySQL_UserTable IMS_USER
require valid-user
</Directory>

Richard Shade
Systems Administrator
(936)559-2280

"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use
of, or taking of, any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."

Re: Mod_auth_mysql

Posted by Mark Foster <md...@enic.cc>.
Consider adding some or all of these directives. Gleaned from a working
config. (mod_auth_mysql v2.20)

                Auth_MySQL_Authoritative on
                Auth_MySQL_Password_Table tablename
                Auth_MySQL_Username_Field username
                Auth_MySQL_Password_Field password
                Auth_MYSQL on
                Auth_MySQL_Encrypted_Passwords off
                Auth_MySQL_Encryption_Types Plaintext
                Auth_MySQL_Empty_Passwords off

On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 11:58, Shade, Richard wrote:
> Hey Guy I am having a problem with mod_auth_mysql and authentication. I have
> attached the directives and the Sql please let me know if you see anything
> wrong.

SNIP

> [Apache Directives]
> DocumentRoot /websites/gds
> ServerName gds.royalhosting.net
> <Directory "/websites/gds">
> AuthName "Geographical Data Systems"
> AuthType Basic
> require valid-user
> allow from all
> order allow,deny
> AuthUserFile /dev/null
> Auth_MySQL_Host localhost
> Auth_MySQL_DB GDS
> Auth_MySQL_UserTable IMS_USER
> require valid-user

SNIP
--
-mdf [Mark D. Foster]                          Phone: 206-381-0449
System Administrator - eNIC Corporation          Fax: 206-329-7107