Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by jalal <th...@fastmail.fm> on 2004/03/11 14:19:11 UTC

out_of_date error

I've been trying out subversion for about two weeks now, transferred a few
projects over and so far, its looking good. I first checked out Subversion
about two years ago, you've come a long way!

As you may have guessed, I have one  problem, but its not a show stopper. When
I'm in the root of my working copy and I do a 'svn ci' to check in all the
changes, I get the following error:

Sending        .
Deleting       admin
[snipped other changes]
subversion/libsvn_client/commit.c:677: (apr_err=160028)
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
subversion/libsvn_repos/commit.c:114: (apr_err=160028)
svn: Out of date: '/fwz-site' in transaction '24'

I've traced it down to either that 'dot' in the first line or with deleting
something. All other transactions seem to go through correctly. Deleting
files is OK.

Its the out_of_date error that confuses me. I checked through the source and
it seems to be a sort of generic error?

TIA
jalal
--

GPG fingerprint = 3D45 5509 D380 26A4 523E  A9D8 A66A 5F38 CA43 BB0E

Re: out_of_date error

Posted by Francois Beausoleil <fb...@users.sourceforge.net>.
You probably meant to repost to the list too.  Done.

Re: out_of_date error

Posted by Francois Beausoleil <fb...@users.sourceforge.net>.

Re: out_of_date error

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 08:40, jalal wrote:

> Francois Beausoleil gave me the answer, I needed to do a 'svn update' and that
> seemed to clear everything up.
> I hadn't thought of that as I'm the only one working on the project at the
> moment.

Read the end of chapter 2 in the book.  There are exactly 2 limitations
on mixed-revision working copies:

1. You cannot delete a file or directory that is out-of-date.

2. You cannot commit a propchange to a directory whose local revision is
not HEAD.

You're hitting rule #2.

Re: out_of_date error

Posted by jalal <ja...@gnomedia.com>.
On Thu 11 March 2004 15:19, jalal wrote:
> As you may have guessed, I have one  problem, but its not a show stopper.
> When I'm in the root of my working copy and I do a 'svn ci' to check in all
> the changes, I get the following error:
>
> Sending        .
> Deleting       admin
> [snipped other changes]
> subversion/libsvn_client/commit.c:677: (apr_err=160028)
> svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> subversion/libsvn_repos/commit.c:114: (apr_err=160028)
> svn: Out of date: '/fwz-site' in transaction '24'
>
> I've traced it down to either that 'dot' in the first line or with deleting
> something. All other transactions seem to go through correctly. Deleting
> files is OK.
>
> Its the out_of_date error that confuses me. I checked through the source
> and it seems to be a sort of generic error?

Just to answer my own query...

Francois Beausoleil gave me the answer, I needed to do a 'svn update' and that
seemed to clear everything up.
I hadn't thought of that as I'm the only one working on the project at the
moment.

cheers
jalal

--

GPG fingerprint = C5F0 880C 2043 1ADD 049A  B012 8F6A 3DC8 B101 9C1D