Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/15 07:50:08 UTC

Error (maybe) installing yesterdays daily build

Howdy,

I just installed the 64bit Linux daily build from yesterday and ran into an
error I don't remember seeing before.

I'm not installing this in parallel, BTW, the platform is Ubuntu 12.10 with
LibreOffice completely removed. I install the desktop integration files
each time when I do.

So the main files went in fine, with the new directory names under /opt
The desktop integration however gave these error messages:
dpkg: regarding apache_openoffice3.5-debian-menus_3.5-9611_all.deb
containing apache:
 apache2.2-common conflicts with apache
  apache (version 3.5-9611) is to be installed.

dpkg: error processing apache_openoffice3.5-debian-menus_3.5-9611_all.deb
(--install):
 conflicting packages - not installing apache
 apache_openoffice3.5-debian-menus_3.5-9611_all.deb

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Thanks

//drew

Re: Error (maybe) installing yesterdays daily build

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.
I should of waited to send the first email today - no, no difference, same
error.

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Am 19.01.2013 um 16:07 schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>:

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 09:15:24AM +0100, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>>> So the main files went in fine, with the new directory names under /opt
>>> The desktop integration however gave these error messages:
>>> dpkg: regarding apache_openoffice3.5-debian-menus_3.5-9611_all.deb
>>> containing apache:
>>> apache2.2-common conflicts with apache
>>>  apache (version 3.5-9611) is to be installed.
>>>
>>> dpkg: error processing apache_openoffice3.5-debian-menus_3.5-9611_all.deb
>>> (--install):
>>> conflicting packages - not installing apache
>>> Errors were encountered while processing:
>>> apache_openoffice3.5-debian-menus_3.5-9611_all.deb
>>>
>>> Just thought I'd pass it along.
>>
>> Thanks for passing it along.
>>
>> I assume that this error is caused by the changes for the renaming -
>> issue 121388 - as also the packages had been renamed.
>>
>> Can somebody with expertise in the area of debian packages help me
>> to solve the issue?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Oliver.
>
> The bug is in main/sysui/desktop/debian/makefile.mk in the rule
> %/DEBIAN/control : $$(@:f)
>
> The line
>
> echo "Package: $(*:f:s/_/ /:1:s/3.5//)" > $@
>
> Is writing "Packege: apache" in the control file.
>

> given ../../unxlngx6/misc/apache_openoffice3.5-debian-menus_3.5-9611_all
>
> * :f returns the file (including suffix) portion of path names
>
> :f -> apache_openoffice3.5-debian-menus_3.5-9611_all
>

> * :s/_/ / replaces the underscore with a space
>
> :s/_/ / -> apache openoffice3.5 debian menus 3.5-9611 all
>

> * :1 returns the first white space separated token from value
>
> :1 -> apache
>
> The underscore in PRODUCTLIST = apache_openoffice from
> main/sysui/desktop/productversion.mk is the root problem.

Thanks Ariel.

As we will change the naming more to 'OpenOffice' instead of 'Apache OpenOffice' I will consider your suggestion to adjust PRODUCTLIST.

Best Regards, Oliver

Re: Error (maybe) installing yesterdays daily build

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 09:15:24AM +0100, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> >So the main files went in fine, with the new directory names under /opt
> >The desktop integration however gave these error messages:
> >dpkg: regarding apache_openoffice3.5-debian-menus_3.5-9611_all.deb
> >containing apache:
> >  apache2.2-common conflicts with apache
> >   apache (version 3.5-9611) is to be installed.
> >
> >dpkg: error processing apache_openoffice3.5-debian-menus_3.5-9611_all.deb
> >(--install):
> >  conflicting packages - not installing apache
> >Errors were encountered while processing:
> >  apache_openoffice3.5-debian-menus_3.5-9611_all.deb
> >
> >Just thought I'd pass it along.
> >

> Thanks for passing it along.
>
> I assume that this error is caused by the changes for the renaming -
> issue 121388 - as also the packages had been renamed.
>
> Can somebody with expertise in the area of debian packages help me
> to solve the issue?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Oliver.

The bug is in main/sysui/desktop/debian/makefile.mk in the rule
%/DEBIAN/control : $$(@:f)

The line

echo "Package: $(*:f:s/_/ /:1:s/3.5//)" > $@

Is writing "Packege: apache" in the control file.

given ../../unxlngx6/misc/apache_openoffice3.5-debian-menus_3.5-9611_all

* :f returns the file (including suffix) portion of path names

:f -> apache_openoffice3.5-debian-menus_3.5-9611_all

* :s/_/ / replaces the underscore with a space

:s/_/ / -> apache openoffice3.5 debian menus 3.5-9611 all

* :1 returns the first white space separated token from value

:1 -> apache

The underscore in PRODUCTLIST = apache_openoffice from
main/sysui/desktop/productversion.mk is the root problem.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: Error (maybe) installing yesterdays daily build

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,