Posted to dev@doris.apache.org by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com> on 2022/02/09 06:54:26 UTC

[Discuss & Vote] Create a new repo for Doris Flink/Spark Connector and Manager

Hi All:

Last month we try to release the doris flink/spakr connector 1.0.0[1]. But the VOTE has been cancelled because:
1. This release was not voted on dev@doris
2. The object of this release is the flink/spark connector, but the corresponding source code contains the main Doris code. This leads to unclear release output.

So I suggest to create a new repository for connectors. This way we can do a separate release for connector.
The only thing to note is that connectors relies on some thrift structures, and the main Doris code also relies on these structures.
So when these structures are updated, we need to synchronize the thrift files of both codebases.
But these files are usually rarely changed, so I think they are manageable.

Also, for Doris Manager, we still need a new repo for it.

the new repo name is :
1. github.com/apache/incubator-doris-connectors
2. github.com/apache/incubator-doris-manager

Please feel free to discuss. And you agree on it, please vote +1.

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email:
morningman@163.com;
morningman.cmy@gmail.com

Re: [Discuss & Vote] Create a new repo for Doris Flink/Spark Connector and Manager

Posted by 王博 <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1

陈明雨 <mo...@163.com> 于2022年2月9日周三 14:54写道:

回复:[Discuss & Vote] Create a new repo for Doris Flink/Spark Connector and Manager

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
If we just separate the code base which is already in the ASF repo, we
don't need to go through the IP clearance process[1]
Otherwise, we need to go through the IP clearance process.
The incubating project Doris can have multiple repos, we just need to
make sure the repo name starts with incubator-doris- .

[1]https://incubator.apache.org/guides/ip_clearance.html

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: Re: Re: Re: [Discuss & Vote] Create a new repo for Doris Flink/Spark Connector and Manager

Posted by Lijia Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

weizuo <we...@apache.org> 于2022年2月10日周四 11:23写道:

Posted by weizuo <we...@apache.org>.