Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by pr...@wipro.com on 2007/04/19 16:45:11 UTC

Can we keep one action file for all jsp files?

Hi,

I have 5-6 Jsp pages and all are inter connected.
If any one make changes, these changes should be display in the database.

In this case, I need only one Action class which can hold or manipulate all changes from all jsp pages. I am not sure "Can we keep one action file for all jsp files?"

If yes, then how can we configure struts-config.xml file.
If no, then pls suggest me any altenative solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Prafull Jain J

www.wipro.com

Re: Can we keep one action file for all jsp files?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
I Agree with Harring..
Each Action should process one form-bean
I would suggest you may want to think this through rather thoroughly before
implementing
as a struts-action is designed to interact/process one formbean and not many
beans.

If you want an example of nested beans take a look at struts-simple located
at
http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=49385&use_mirror=easynews&filename=struts-simple.zip&40220640

M--

Posted by Harring Figueiredo <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by pr...@wipro.com.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
prafull.jain@wipro.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 5-6 Jsp pages and all are inter connected.
> If any one make changes, these changes should be display in the database.
>
> In this case, I need only one Action class which can hold or manipulate all changes from all jsp pages. I am not sure "Can we keep one action file for all jsp files?"
>
> If yes, then how can we configure struts-config.xml file.
> If no, then pls suggest me any altenative solution.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Prafull Jain J

I think you want the struts users list. See
http://struts.apache.org/mail.html

Mark