Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Christian Lorenz <Ch...@webtrekk.com> on 2017/12/07 11:25:08 UTC

Huge system.batches table after joining a node (Cassandra 3.11.1)

Hi,

after joining a node into an existing cluster, the table system.batches became quite large (100GB) which is about 1/3 of the nodes size.
Is it safe to truncate the table?

Regards,
Christian

Re: Huge system.batches table after joining a node (Cassandra 3.11.1)

Posted by Alexander Dejanovski <al...@thelastpickle.com>.
Just a heads up that (in case you missed it) MVs were retroactively marked
as experimental and that a large part of the community considers they
should not be used in production.

--
-----------------

Posted by Alexander Dejanovski <al...@thelastpickle.com>.

--
-----------------

Von: Alexander Dejanovski <al...@thelastpickle.com>
Antworten an: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <us...@cassandra.apache.org>
Datum: Donnerstag, 7. Dezember 2017 um 16:24
An: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <us...@cassandra.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: Huge system.batches table after joining a node (Cassandra 3.11.1)

http://www.thelastpickle.com<http://www.thelastpickle.com/>

Re: Huge system.batches table after joining a node (Cassandra 3.11.1)

Posted by Alexander Dejanovski <al...@thelastpickle.com>.
Hi Christian,

--