Posted to general@xml.apache.org by burtonator <bu...@relativity.yi.org> on 2000/08/18 22:57:41 UTC

(VOTE) Should SUN Microsystems Open Source Java?

(Sorry for the SPAM and X-post)

I created a poll to get feedback on the SUN Open Sourcing Java.  I tried
to create all options from tightening down all the way to loosening up
control.

Anyway.  The vote system is at http://relativity.yi.org/java and
explains all options.

If you could forward this on to other mailing lists so that we could get
a better statistical sample I would appreciate it.

Kevin

--
** Should SUN Open Source Java? Please Vote:
http://relativity.yi.org/java **

Kevin A Burton (e-mail: burton@apache.org, UIN: 73488596, ZKey:
burtonator)
http://relativity.yi.org
Message to SUN Microsystems:  "Please Open Source Java!"
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme
excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu, 300 B.C.

Re: (VOTE) Should SUN Microsystems Open Source Java?

Posted by Giao Nguyen <gr...@cafebabe.org>.
On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 01:57:41PM -0700, burtonator wrote:
> (Sorry for the SPAM and X-post)
>
> I created a poll to get feedback on the SUN Open Sourcing Java.  I tried
> to create all options from tightening down all the way to loosening up
> control.

This question is horrendously positioned. That's like asking "Should Sun
give us all free money?" Everyone outside of Sun is going to say "Yes."
Well almost everyone anyway. Some people inside of Sun is going to say
"No." There's really no poll here.

Something much better would be "What do you think is the biggest advantage
of Sun open sourcing Java?" then give choices.

Giao