Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2013/05/15 22:13:29 UTC

Storage as a Service

Hi everyone,

I'm at Build a Cloud Day today in San Francisco and had a question from a
potential CloudStack user about Storage as a Service.

His business would like to sell Storage as a Service (like Amazon S3) and
would like to know if CloudStack was an applicable solution for this use
case.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: Storage as a Service

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Thanks, everyone!

A person is actually presenting on Riak CS right now. :)

Re: Storage as a Service

Posted by John Burwell <jb...@basho.com>.
Chip,

Re: Storage as a Service

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

On 05/15/2013 10:47 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
> CloudStack isn't an object storage system really...  the best bet, if
> that's the focus of what he wants to do, is to look at things like Riak
> CS, Swift, Ceph, etc...

Indeed, I'd recommend looking at the RADOS Gateway [0] of Ceph. It gives
you a Amazon S3 compatible gateway.

[0]: http://eu.ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/

Wido

Re: Storage as a Service