Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Murray Eisenberg <mu...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/08 00:03:40 UTC

request perl5.18 compatible version of libapreq2

Apparently at present, libapreq2 will not work with perl 5.18. Is that correct?

(I'm using the MacPorts port of perl 5.18 under Mac OS X and install perl modules, including those for apache2 support, using MacPorts. And I'm told that the libapreq2 port available there has no perl 5.18-compatible sub-port because libapreq2 itself is not yet compatible with perl 5.18.)

If so, this is to request a perl 5.18-compatible version of libapreq2.

[What's involved in creating that? (I'm not a Perl programmer but just need libapreq2 -- actually, a MacPorts port of it -- for use with an Apache server application.)

---
Murray Eisenberg		murrayeisenberg@gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101		Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334

Re: request perl5.18 compatible version of libapreq2

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
On 08/03/2014 01:03, Murray Eisenberg wrote:
> Apparently at present, libapreq2 will not work with perl 5.18. Is that correct?
>
> (I'm using the MacPorts port of perl 5.18 under Mac OS X and install perl modules, including those for apache2 support, using MacPorts. And I'm told that the libapreq2 port available there has no perl 5.18-compatible sub-port because libapreq2 itself is not yet compatible with perl 5.18.)
>
> If so, this is to request a perl 5.18-compatible version of libapreq2.
>
> [What's involved in creating that? (I'm not a Perl programmer but just need libapreq2 -- actually, a MacPorts port of it -- for use with an Apache server application.)

I didn't see any problems with perl-5.18 and libapreq2.

However, a trivial attempt to install mod_perl with Perl 5.18
(httpd-2.2.10) crashed.  If you want to use the perl-glue for libapreq2
and mod_perl, that can be a problem.  I have no idea if it's a
compatibility issue, or due to my not having compiled mod_perl in
several years now, and having borked something in my rusty toolchain.

Have you asked about this on the mod_perl users list at all?

  Issac