Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2020/03/29 22:23:40 UTC

[VOTE] Move Log4net to dormant state

Seeing as there have been no volunteers after my last message regarding Log4Net, I propose that it be moved to a dormant status.  This would simply entail:
1. Create a tag of the source.
2. Create an archive of the source to be placed in the logging distribution directory.
3. Modify the Log4Net web site to indicate it is dormant.
4. Modify the web site to include Log4Net in a list of dormant projects along with a description of what being dormant means.
5. Mark all LOG4NET issues as wont fix in Jira.
6. Ask INFRA to prevent new LOG4NET issues from being created.

This vote will be open for 72 hours.

Ralph

Re: [VOTE] Move Log4net to dormant state

Posted by Carter Kozak <ck...@ckozak.net>.
+1

-ck

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
+1 here

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [VOTE] Move Log4net to dormant state

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
+1
Remko.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
+1

[VOTE][RESULT] Move Log4net to dormant state

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
More than 72 hours has elapsed. There have been 7 +1 votes, 6 of which are binding.

It may take me several days but I volunteer to complete the items on the list unless someone else beats me to it.

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Sent from my phone. Typos are a kind gift to anyone who happens to find
them.

Posted by Volkan Yazıcı <vo...@gmail.com>.
+1