Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Halil Ağın <ha...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/07 20:03:56 UTC

[trinidad] paneltabbed newbie question

Hello List;

I am new to jsf and trinidad and trying to make a tr:paneltabbed  example,
but i could not succeed.

Here are some info about my eclipse project:
In my lib directory, i have below list;

lib/
  ---myfaces-api.1.1.5.jar
  ---myfaces-impl.1.1.5.jar
  ---trinidad-api-1.0.8.jar
  ---trinidad-impl-1.0.8.jar

More, there is no problem about jsf component i can use, and crate
navigation rules easily. but  i could not adapt trinidad to my jsf project.
I search the net but, there is no comment about this issue.

Regards,

-Halil AĞIN

Here is my jsp content(it is the same as in the
http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/trinidad-api/tagdoc/tr_panelTabbed.html)

=========================jsp content:start========================
<jsp:root xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page" version="2.0"
          xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" xmlns:h="
http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
          xmlns:trh="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/html"
          xmlns:tr="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad">
  <jsp:directive.page contentType="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>
  <f:view>

  </f:view>
</jsp:root>

=========================jsp content:end========================

here is my web.xml content

=========================web.xml content:start========================
    version="2.4">

    <!-- Extensions Filter -->
    <filter>
    <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>maxFileSize</param-name>
            <param-value>20m</param-value>

        </init-param>
    </filter>

    <!-- extension mapping for adding <script/>, <link/>, and other resource
tags to JSF-pages  -->
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
        <!-- servlet-name must match the name of your
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet entry -->
    </filter-mapping>

    <!-- extension mapping for serving page-independent resources
(javascript, stylesheets, images, etc.)  -->
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

 <!-- FaceletViewHandler configuration -->
<context-param>

<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.ALTERNATE_VIEW_HANDLER</param-name>
  <param-value>com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler</param-value>
</context-param>

  <context-param>
    <param-name>facelets.VIEW_MAPPINGS</param-name>
    <param-value>*.xhtml</param-value>
  </context-param>

  <context-param>
  <param-name>facelets.SKIP_COMMENTS</param-name>
  <param-value>true</param-value>
</context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
        <param-value>client</param-value>

    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>

    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.PRETTY_HTML</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>

    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.DETECT_JAVASCRIPT</param-name>
        <param-value>false</param-value>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.AUTO_SCROLL</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>

    </context-param>

<!-- Trinidad by default uses an optimized client-side state saving
       mechanism. To disable that, uncomment the following -->
  <!--context-param>
    <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CLIENT_STATE_METHOD</param-name>
    <param-value>all</param-value>
  </context-param-->

  <!-- Trinidad also supports an optimized strategy for caching some
   view state at an application level, which significantly improves
   scalability.  However, it makes it harder to develop (updates to
   pages will not be noticed until the server is restarted), and in
   some rare cases cannot be used for some pages (see Trinidad
   documentation for more information) -->
  <context-param>

<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.USE_APPLICATION_VIEW_CACHE</param-name>
    <param-value>false</param-value>
  </context-param>

  <!-- If this parameter is enabled, Trinidad will automatically
       check the modification date of your JSPs, and discard saved
       state when they change;  this makes development easier,
       but adds overhead that should be avoided when your application
       is deployed -->
  <context-param>

<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CHECK_FILE_MODIFICATION</param-name>
    <param-value>false</param-value>
  </context-param>

    <!-- Enables Change Persistence at a session scope.  By default,
       Change Persistence is entirely disabled. The ChangeManager is
       an API, which can persist component modifications (like,
       is a showDetail or tree expanded or collapsed). For providing
       a custom Change Persistence implementation inherit from the
       Trinidad API's ChangeManager class. As the value you have
       to use the fullqualified class name. -->
  <context-param>
    <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CHANGE_PERSISTENCE</param-name>
    <param-value>session</param-value>
  </context-param>

  <filter>
    <filter-name>trinidad</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter</filter-class>
  </filter>

  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>trinidad</filter-name>
    <servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>
  </filter-mapping>

    <!-- resource loader servlet -->
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>resources</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.ResourceServlet</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>resources</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/adf/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

<listener>

<listener-class>tr.org.intermind.core.hibernate.HibernateListener</listener-class>
</listener>

    <!-- Listener, that does all the startup work (configuration, init). -->
    <listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
    </listener>

    <!-- Faces Servlet
         Marty Hall: changed .jsf back to standard of .faces -->
    <servlet>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <!-- Welcome files -->
    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

</web-app>
=========================web.xml content:end========================

here is the faces-config.xml content
=========================faces-config.xml
content:start========================
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<faces-config
    xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd"
    version="1.2">

  <application>
    <!-- Use the Trinidad RenderKit -->
    <default-render-kit-id>
      org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.core
    </default-render-kit-id>

    <locale-config>
      <default-locale>en</default-locale>
    </locale-config>
  </application>

 <component>
      <description>A tabbed pane</description>
      <component-type>com.jsftab.TabbedPanel</component-type>
      <component-class>com.jsftab.component.UITabbedPanel</component-class>
   </component>

   <render-kit>
      <renderer>
         <component-family>javax.faces.Command</component-family>
         <renderer-type>com.jsftab.TabbedPanel</renderer-type>

<renderer-class>com.jsftab.renderer.TabbedPanelRenderer</renderer-class>
      </renderer>
   </render-kit>

<managed-bean>
<managed-bean-name>mb1</managed-bean-name>
<managed-bean-class>mbeans.ManagedBean1</managed-bean-class>
<managed-bean-scope>request</managed-bean-scope>
</managed-bean>

<!-- Global preferences object that proxies to others -->
  <managed-bean>
    <managed-bean-name>prefs</managed-bean-name>
    <managed-bean-class>
       tr.org.intermind.core.prefs.PreferencesProxy
    </managed-bean-class>
    <managed-bean-scope>
       application
    </managed-bean-scope>
  </managed-bean>

  <managed-bean>
    <managed-bean-name>skinTranslationMap</managed-bean-name>

<managed-bean-class>tr.org.intermind.resource.SkinTranslationMapDemo</managed-bean-class>
    <managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
  </managed-bean>

<navigation-rule>
<from-view-id>/jsp/welcome.jsp</from-view-id>
    <navigation-case>
        <from-outcome>forward1</from-outcome>
        <to-view-id>/jsp/forward1.jsp</to-view-id>
    </navigation-case>
    <navigation-case>
        <from-outcome>forward2</from-outcome>
        <to-view-id>/jsp/forward2.jsp</to-view-id>
    </navigation-case>
</navigation-rule>

</faces-config>

=========================faces-config.xml
content:end========================

Here is the trinidad-config.xml content.
=========================trinidad-config.xml
content:end========================

<trinidad-config xmlns="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/config">
  <debug-output>true</debug-output>
  <!-- Uncomment to switch back to ALERT style client-side validation,
    or set to DISABLED to disable it altogether
  <client-validation>ALERT</client-validation>
  -->

  <accessibility-mode>#{prefs.proxy.accessibilityMode}</accessibility-mode>

<accessibility-profile>#{prefs.proxy.accessibilityProfile}</accessibility-profile>

  <!-- you can use EL to get the skin. This allows the skin to change
between
       requests. -->

  <skin-family>#{prefs.proxy.skinFamily}</skin-family>

  <!--
  <output-mode>portlet</output-mode>
  -->

</trinidad-config>

=========================trinidad-config.xml
content:end========================

Re: [trinidad] paneltabbed newbie question

Posted by Halil Ağın <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I solve the problem.
I looked trinidad demo, i exactly copy the web.xml and some parts in
face-config.xml related to paneltabbed component. But it did not work.

Then i find a manageg-bean source code on net,
(
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-adffaces-user/200701.mbox/%3C7F48470F8BE0AC488F0000539350728901D97E12@zeus.chordiant.com%3E
)

and set disclosed and disclosureListener properties of panelTabbed Component
properly, according the above managed bean named KeepTabStateBean. Then it
works,,,

Thank you

-Halil AGIN

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.