Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Luther Baker <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/06 17:16:44 UTC

t:TextField and t:TextArea

Is there a global way to explicitly set or override *html *(non-CSS)
attributes on tapestry components like textfield and textarea?

For instance, in one particular app, I have to override almost all of my
components with t:Parameters that define slightly custom sizes for these:

textfield: size="106" maxlength="105"
textarea: cols="80" rows="4"

But in my case, these custom sizes apply to 90% of the fields in the 15
forms.

-Luther

Re: t:TextField and t:TextArea

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:16:44 -0300, Luther Baker <lu...@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Is there a global way to explicitly set or override *html *(non-CSS)
> attributes on tapestry components like textfield and textarea?

What you need is to implement a DataTypeAnalyzer, define two "Tapestry
types" (in parenthesis because they're just a name) and provide edition
blocks for them. And contributing your DataTypeAnalyzer to the
DataTypeAnalyzer service:

public static void
contributeDataTypeAnalyzer(OrderedConfiguration<DataTypeAnalyzer>
configuration) {
         configuration.add("SomeIdJustUsedForSorting", new
YourDataTypeAnalyzer(), "before:Default");
}

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago