Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Darren Hall <dh...@utrs.com> on 2006/09/25 15:23:57 UTC

[users@httpd] Gettting a new session PER request

I'm using Tomcat 5.5, Apache 2.2 and mod_proxy.

The issue that I'm running into is that when viewing my web application, I
can see that every page view creates a new session in Tomcat. This means
that all values I've stored in the session for the current user are lost
between page views. In experimenting, I've discovered that if I hit Tomcat
directly, the session information is being preserved correctly. This tells
me that Apache is not passing the session information to Tomcat via
mod_proxy. What do I need to do to configure Apache and mod_proxy to pass
the session information properly?

Thanks,

Darren