Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2014/02/23 22:02:13 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Service e-mail addresses for the Forum

Subject to lazy consensus, these are the service e-mail aliases (that
will actually work like the security mailing list: allow posts from
anyone, no public archives) that will be created for the en and es
forums (so, mail from the forum will appear to come from those addresses
and users with registrations problems will e-mail those addresses too):

openoffice-forum-admin-en<at>apache.org

openoffice-forum-admin-es<at>apache.org

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-7371 for more.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [PROPOSAL] Service e-mail addresses for the Forum

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Is there a reason to limit this to "en" and "es" only?

They are the only ones who asked. Of course, when the pattern is ready,
we can apply it to other forums.

>> +1 from me. I do however ask the forum-admins to consider if we could
>> use
>> 1 ML. If we potentially create one ML pr forum, it will require a lot of
>> moderators.
> This would be indeed a little nightmare.

Like all mailing lists, I expect that we will create them only upon
request (and indeed, I am validating the pattern with "en" and "es" but
only "en" will be created for the time being, "es" will be created after
we can test that "en" meets the expectations). And we will make sure to
have moderators before creation.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 02/23/2014 10:12 PM, schrieb jan i:
> On 23 February 2014 22:02, Andrea Pescetti<pe...@apache.org>  wrote:
>
>> Subject to lazy consensus, these are the service e-mail aliases (that will
>> actually work like the security mailing list: allow posts from anyone, no
>> public archives) that will be created for the en and es forums (so, mail
>> from the forum will appear to come from those addresses and users with
>> registrations problems will e-mail those addresses too):
>>
>> openoffice-forum-admin-en<at>apache.org
>>
>> openoffice-forum-admin-es<at>apache.org
>>
>> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-7371 for more.

Is there a reason to limit this to "en" and "es" only? At first sight I
don't see one. Of course it depends on the really used languages in the
users posts. But with Google's translator many things can be covered
when it's true that the very most posts are be about access problems,
new password requests, etc.

> +1 from me. I do however ask the forum-admins to consider if we could  use
> 1 ML. If we potentially create one ML pr forum, it will require a lot of
> moderators.

This would be indeed a little nightmare.

However, +1 to create forums' mailing list(s).

Marcus

Re: [PROPOSAL] Service e-mail addresses for the Forum

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 23 February 2014 22:02, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> Subject to lazy consensus, these are the service e-mail aliases (that will
> actually work like the security mailing list: allow posts from anyone, no
> public archives) that will be created for the en and es forums (so, mail
> from the forum will appear to come from those addresses and users with
> registrations problems will e-mail those addresses too):
>
> openoffice-forum-admin-en<at>apache.org
>
> openoffice-forum-admin-es<at>apache.org
>
> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-7371 for more.

+1 from me. I do however ask the forum-admins to consider if we could  use
1 ML. If we potentially create one ML pr forum, it will require a lot of
moderators.

rgds
jan I.