Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Robert Meyer <rm...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2015/08/04 17:33:06 UTC

[VOTE] Merge Temp_PCLSoftFont branch with trunk

Hi All,

This is a vote to merge the temporary branch for adding PCL soft font support to FOP trunk.

What this allows for are TrueType fonts to be converted into a PCL native font format. This moves FOP away from using AWT and rasterized characters allowing for PCL output to potentially be generated over a cloud, better rendering quality and smaller documents. Other font formats will still be rasterized but TrueType will now default to being converted for PCL output.

If you want to give it a try please do. The branch can be found here:

http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_PCLSoftFonts

This vote wll last 6 days (as I'm unavailable this weekend) and will conclude next Monday.

Here is my +1.

Thanks,

Robert

RE: [VOTE] Merge Temp_PCLSoftFont branch with trunk

Posted by Simon Steiner <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1

Thanks

<https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_PCLSoftFo

Posted by Clay Leeds <th...@gmail.com>.
+1

Best regards,

Clay Leeds # 714-796-6881

RE: [VOTE RESULT] Merge Temp_PCLSoftFont branch with trunk

Posted by Robert Meyer <rm...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Hi,

The vote has now closed and has 6 +1 with no other votes. I will merge the branch in shortly.

Thanks all,

Robert

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Rob,