Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ryanskow <ry...@skow.org> on 2009/05/01 18:41:20 UTC

Re: T5: dynamic form fields - again

Just curious if any additional screencasts, tutorials, etc have been
published on this subject.  The screencast posted in 2008 mentioned that
there would be more to follow regarding Ajax and dynamic forms ("very
dynamic form support" to be exact):
http://tapestryjava.blogspot.com/2008/11/tapestry-5-ajax-screencast.html

Additionally, there is a placeholder in the Ajax reference for "Extending a
Form with a Zone" in the Coming Soon section:
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/guide/ajax.html

It seems to almost work, but the following snippit produces the error below:
Snippet:
<t:Form t:id="myForm">
  <t:BeanEditor object="parent" include="foo,bar"/>
  <t:ActionLink t:id="addChild" zone="myZone">Add Child</t:ActionLink>
  <t:zone t:id="myZone">
    <t:Grid row="child" source="parent.children">
      <t:parameter name="nameCell">
        <t:TextField id="name" size="20" name="name" value="child.name" />
      </t:parameter>
    </t:Grid>
  </t:zone>
</t:Form>

Error:
Ajax failure: Status 500 for /MyApp/detailpage.addchild?t:ac=Parent_1:
Render queue error in SetupRender[DetailPage:textfield]: The Textfield
component must be enclosed by a Form component.

The Java backing object basically adds another child to the parent when it
receives the addChild event.  Refreshing the page shows the new child object
and things behind the scenes seem to work.  This is with Tapestry 5.0.18 - I
didn't see anything in particular that led me to believe that the 5.1 branch
has fixed this so I haven't tried it yet...

Just curious if I've missed something, it doesn't work at all, or if there
hasn't been time to publish the docs/examples for the working solution.

Thanks!