Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by krishna allam <ar...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/13 18:22:22 UTC

ThreadPool: Pool exhausted with 100 threads.

Hi All

   I am getting the following message written at
console and tomcat server is not responding once the
message is displayed.

   Next few sentences are from the tomcat.properties
file for the Thread pool
#
# Thread Pool parameters
#########################

# Enables or disables the use of the thread pool.
# Syntax: pool=[true|false] (boolean)
# Default: false
# WARNING: the pool has not been extensively tested
and may generate deadlocks.
# For this reason, we advise against using this code
in production environments.
pool=false

# Indicates the number of idle threads that the pool
may contain.
# Syntax: pool.capacity=(int)>0
# Default: 10
# NOTE: depending on your system load, this number
should be low for contantly
# loaded servers and should be increased depending on
load bursts.
pool.capacity=10

# Indicates the pool controller that should be used to
control the
# level of the recycled threads.
# Syntax: pool.controller=[full class of controller]
(String)
# Default: org.apache.java.recycle.DefaultController
# NOTE: it is safe to leave this unchanged unless
special recycle behavior
# is needed. Look at the "org.apache.java.recycle"
package javadocs for more
# info on other pool controllers and their behavior.
pool.controller=org.apache.java.recycle.DefaultController

   Although the pool=false is mentioned its still
giving the same message.

    Could anyone please help me in finding solution
for this problem.  I have searched in archives but
did'nt found any reply to these sort of questions.

2.   I would also like to increase the cache memory
and heap memory while starting tomcat server.
      Please help me out.

Thanks in advance
Krishna

http://im.yahoo.com/