Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/22 19:51:06 UTC

Re: regarding counter

On 23/09/06, Ravi Kiran <ra...@bnaindia.com> wrote:
> hi ,
>       i had used 'counter' in a simple controller that consists of 3 "if controllers" along with the counter.and iam using the reference variable as 'C' in the counter.and iam using that variable 'C' for checking the condition in the if controller.for eg '${inputVar1_${C}}' ==
'510'.But couldnt successfully exceute  the test.

Nested variable references aren't supported.

> And also is there any problem referencing group variables in the for each controller.?if not how can we refer to the group variables in for each controller eg with the following parameters set in the regular expression.
>
> reference name    :inputVar
> regular expression:CM fr="([^"]+)"  (for capturing all the matched variables)
> template: $1$
> Match No: -1
> default value:
>
> how to refer to the values captured using the above expression in the foreach controller for the above example?

>From the manual ...

The For Each controller:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#ForEach_Controller

requires variables in the form

inputVar_N (or inputVarN), where N=1,2,3

The RE extractor:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Regular_Expression_Extractor

generates names in the form

refName_N

So in your case, the For Each Controller input variable needs to be
called "inputVar".

Re: regarding counter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25/09/06, Ravi Kiran <ra...@bnaindia.com> wrote:

> [...]

What are you trying to achieve? Perhaps there is another way of doing
it entirely.

Re: regarding counter

Posted by Ravi Kiran <ra...@bnaindia.com>.