Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Hernâni Cerqueira <hr...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/11 03:19:30 UTC

Using views

Hello all,

First of all i want to comment to any torque creator or developer under
here that this tool is perfect. I don't know how did i spend so much
time without it. Sorry if this isn't the right place for those kibd of
coments but i didn't know where to do that.

And now, my doubt. Is i possible to use views with torque. I've already
searched documentation about that, and i didn't find anything, so i have
few hopes, but anyway...

Thanks in advance
Hernâni

Re: Using views

Posted by Hernâni Cerqueira <hr...@gmail.com>.
Greg Monroe escreveu:
> Currently there is no easy way to do this.  One workaround
> if you really need to limit access is to specify the
> protected="true" option on all columns in the XML.
>
> If I remember correctly, this should change the set/get
> methods from public to protected.  You can then manually
> override the getter methods as public in the stub classes.

That fits my needs. Thank you all for your time and patience.

Cheers,
Hernâni

Re: Using views

Posted by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jb...@wi.rr.com>.
It would be nice to have a readonly="true" attribute at a table level to
generate a torque om object with no setters.  We've wanted this even
before the view use case.

RE: Using views

Posted by Greg Monroe <Gr...@DukeCE.com>.

Re: Using views