Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch> on 2011/11/16 17:25:33 UTC

[axis2] can't rebuild Axis2-V1.6.1

Dear all,

I am reposting this from maven-users as it seems to belong to Axis2 and a thing I do not
yet understand!

Since a few days I have on my OpenVMS system this failure when I attempt to build
Axis2-1.6.1 checked out from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/axis/axis2/java/core/tags/v1.6.1

$ mvn -P java150 -Dtest=false install

I suspect an XML Reader which is not behaving well on OpenVMS (coming down recently)

OR

>From where shall this remote manifest come? And why does the reader say they are empty?

Any chance to test this
org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.MXParser.fillBuf(MXParser.java:3005)

I am not building from axis2 trunk sources but ./tags/v1.6.1 of axis2 and they built perfect on
Windows Vista weeks ago.

Not yet retested again to do so.

Few weeks ago I did not have problems to build the axis2-kernel on OpenVMS but now I have.
And adding -fail-never to the mvn command shows at the end that many modules have the same problem.
But axis2-kernel ist just the first one having problems with this remote resource manifests and this reader.

Any hints clues welcome

Josef

[INFO]
[INFO] Building Apache Axis2 - Kernel
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [remote-resources:process {execution: default}] [INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error finding remote resources manifests

Embedded error: input contained no data
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error finding remote resources manifests
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:719)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:556)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:535)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:180)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error finding remote resources manifests
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.resources.remote.ProcessRemoteResourcesMojo.processResourceBundles(ProcessRemoteResourcesMojo.java:1204)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.resources.remote.ProcessRemoteResourcesMojo.execute(ProcessRemoteResourcesMojo.java:519)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:490)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
        ... 17 more
Caused by: java.io.EOFException: input contained no data
        at org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.MXParser.fillBuf(MXParser.java:3005)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.MXParser.more(MXParser.java:3048)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.MXParser.parseProlog(MXParser.java:1422)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:1407)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1105)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.resources.remote.io.xpp3.RemoteResourcesBundleXpp3Reader.read(RemoteResourcesBundleXpp3Reader.java:929)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.resources.remote.io.xpp3.RemoteResourcesBundleXpp3Reader.read(RemoteResourcesBundleXpp3Reader.java:858)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.resources.remote.io.xpp3.RemoteResourcesBundleXpp3Reader.read(RemoteResourcesBundleXpp3Reader.java:872)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.resources.remote.ProcessRemoteResourcesMojo.processResourceBundles(ProcessRemoteResourcesMojo.java:1086)
        ... 20 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 19 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Nov 16 11:21:05 CET 2011 [INFO] Final Memory: 40M/647M [INFO]
bash$

This my mail was answered by Wayne!

> I suspect an XML Reader which is not behaving well on OpenVMS (coming
> down recently)

This isn't the issue.

> From where shall this remote manifest come? And why does the reader say
> they a re empty?

They might not exist or they might actually be empty.

> Any chance to test this
> org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.MXParser.fillBuf(MXParser.java:3005)

This isn't the issue.

> Few weeks ago I did not have problems to build the axis2-kernel on
> OpenVMS but now I have.

What else has changed in the meantime related to this build? Bear in mind
the remote resources plugin reaches out over the network to download
"stuff" so things may have changed without you even knowing it.

> Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error
> finding remote resources manifests
> Caused by: java.io.EOFException: input contained no data

Seems like Maven cannot find some required manifest file(s) for remote
resources plugin. Fix that problem and you should be good to go. Check the
project pom files to find usage of remote resources plugin to see what
file(s) it is trying to grab during the build. Or ask the Axis2 folks about
it.

Wayne

my answer to this is:

Wayne

thank you to get me to the right direction.

please take note it Is not my own source I am attempting to build.
It is the official released axis2-1.6.1 src release which I toke down by
$ jsvn co /asf/axis/axis2/java/core/tags/v1.6.1  v1.6.1

AND hence this pom.xml there is the master of all.

There is to say,
because I expect some source corruption, I deleted yesterday all under
/asf/axis/axis2/java/core/tags/v1.6.1 on my system

and I toke down a fresh copy from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/axis/axis2/java/core/tags/v1.6.1

Unfortunately I got the same failure. axis2-kernel the first one showing up not
able to pass a $ mvn install

Now - which Manifests do I need to check? If they belong to sources code
then catching down sources all again should cure the problem. Is that correct?

Josef