Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2006/10/13 23:35:03 UTC

Interop between AMQ versions?

Hey, just curious if there is a plan (or maybe it already exists) to
provide support for interoperability between AMQ versions?  I ask,
because I recently started working on GBuild again, which uses AMQ...
I setup a 4.0.1 broker, but my clients were using the 4.1-incubator*
and 4.0.1 broker was puking out CNFE exceptions:

<snip>
Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Transport: tcp:///127.0.0.1:52264"
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid version: 2, could not
load org.apache.activemq.openwire.v2.MarshallerFactory
         at org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.setVersion
(OpenWireFormat.java:329)
         at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.renegociatWireFormat
(OpenWireFormat.java:569)
         at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand
(WireFormatNegotiator.java:100)
         at org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.onCommand
(InactivityMonitor.java:122)
         at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume
(TransportSupport.java:87)
         at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run
(TcpTransport.java:143)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
org.apache.activemq.openwire.v2.MarshallerFactory
         at org.apache.activemq.util.ClassLoading.loadClass
(ClassLoading.java:104)
         at org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.setVersion
(OpenWireFormat.java:327)
         ... 6 more
</snip>

I think I am probably going to just embed a broker in each GBuild
node and use network connectors from the slaves back to the master
node for connectivity so that its easier to use the m2 deps from 4.1-
incubator* to keep things in sync (among other reasons).

  * * *

But, just wondering if there was a plan for broader interop?

--jason

Re: Interop between AMQ versions?

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
We have been through 4 RCs so far.  I thought that one was going to be the
last.  maybe in 1 or 2 more weeks.

On 10/13/06, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:

> When is 4.0.2 gonna go final?  Docs suggest its still being voted upon.
>
> --jason
>

> On Oct 13, 2006, at 3:02 PM, Hiram Chirino wrote:
>
> > Yeah.. there was a small bug in the 4.0.1 code that causes it to not
> > negotiate properly with future versions of the protocol.
> > This bug has been fixed in the 4.0.2 version.  And 4.0.2 should be
> > able to
> > connect to 4.0.1 and 4.1 versions of the broker just fine.
> >
> > If this is not the case, let me know!
> >
> > On 10/13/06, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hey, just curious if there is a plan (or maybe it already exists) to
> >> provide support for interoperability between AMQ versions?  I ask,
> >> because I recently started working on GBuild again, which uses AMQ...
> >> I setup a 4.0.1 broker, but my clients were using the 4.1-incubator*
> >> and 4.0.1 broker was puking out CNFE exceptions:
> >>
> >> <snip>
> >> Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Transport: tcp:///127.0.0.1:52264"
> >> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid version: 2, could not
> >> load org.apache.activemq.openwire.v2.MarshallerFactory
> >>          at org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.setVersion
> >> (OpenWireFormat.java:329)
> >>          at
> >> org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.renegociatWireFormat
> >> (OpenWireFormat.java:569)
> >>          at
> >> org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand
> >> (WireFormatNegotiator.java:100)
> >>          at org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.onCommand
> >> (InactivityMonitor.java:122)
> >>          at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume
> >> (TransportSupport.java:87)
> >>          at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run
> >> (TcpTransport.java:143)
> >>          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
> >> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> >> org.apache.activemq.openwire.v2.MarshallerFactory
> >>          at org.apache.activemq.util.ClassLoading.loadClass
> >> (ClassLoading.java:104)
> >>          at org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.setVersion
> >> (OpenWireFormat.java:327)
> >>          ... 6 more
> >> </snip>
> >>
> >> I think I am probably going to just embed a broker in each GBuild
> >> node and use network connectors from the slaves back to the master
> >> node for connectivity so that its easier to use the m2 deps from 4.1-
> >> incubator* to keep things in sync (among other reasons).
> >>
> >>   * * *
> >>
> >> But, just wondering if there was a plan for broader interop?
> >>
> >> --jason
> >>

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Hiram
> >
> > Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Interop between AMQ versions?

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Yeah.. there was a small bug in the 4.0.1 code that causes it to not
negotiate properly with future versions of the protocol.
This bug has been fixed in the 4.0.2 version.  And 4.0.2 should be able to
connect to 4.0.1 and 4.1 versions of the broker just fine.

If this is not the case, let me know!

On 10/13/06, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:

> Hey, just curious if there is a plan (or maybe it already exists) to
> provide support for interoperability between AMQ versions?  I ask,
> because I recently started working on GBuild again, which uses AMQ...
> I setup a 4.0.1 broker, but my clients were using the 4.1-incubator*
> and 4.0.1 broker was puking out CNFE exceptions:
>
> <snip>
> Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Transport: tcp:///127.0.0.1:52264"
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid version: 2, could not
> load org.apache.activemq.openwire.v2.MarshallerFactory
>          at org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.setVersion
> (OpenWireFormat.java:329)
>          at
> org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.renegociatWireFormat
> (OpenWireFormat.java:569)
>          at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand
> (WireFormatNegotiator.java:100)
>          at org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.onCommand
> (InactivityMonitor.java:122)
>          at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume
> (TransportSupport.java:87)
>          at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run
> (TcpTransport.java:143)
> org.apache.activemq.openwire.v2.MarshallerFactory
>          at org.apache.activemq.util.ClassLoading.loadClass
> (ClassLoading.java:104)
>          at org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.setVersion
> (OpenWireFormat.java:327)
>          ... 6 more
> </snip>
>
> I think I am probably going to just embed a broker in each GBuild
> node and use network connectors from the slaves back to the master
> node for connectivity so that its easier to use the m2 deps from 4.1-
> incubator* to keep things in sync (among other reasons).
>
>   * * *
>
> But, just wondering if there was a plan for broader interop?
>
> --jason

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com