Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Sébastien Brisard <se...@m4x.org> on 2012/09/04 05:17:48 UTC

[math] Deprecate, then remove OpenMapRealVectors?

Hi,
now the summer is over, it is time to revive this thread [1]. It is
copied to both user@ and dev@ mailing lists.

Recently, many problems have been found out with class
OpenMapRealVector [2], [3], to the point that we are considering the
complete removal of this class in upcoming versions [4].

Before any decision is taken, we need some input from potential users
(if any) of this class. Any feedback would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Sébastien Brisard

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/vu2ulvyt7pseyheq
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-803
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-821
[4] http://markmail.org/message/nwbnkpbpnrbfpqnd

Re: [math] Deprecate, then remove OpenMapRealVectors?

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 9/3/12 8:17 PM, Sébastien Brisard wrote:
> Hi,
> now the summer is over, it is time to revive this thread [1]. It is
> copied to both user@ and dev@ mailing lists.
>
> Recently, many problems have been found out with class
> OpenMapRealVector [2], [3], to the point that we are considering the
> complete removal of this class in upcoming versions [4].
>
> Before any decision is taken, we need some input from potential users
> (if any) of this class. Any feedback would be most welcome!
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sébastien Brisard
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/thread/vu2ulvyt7pseyheq
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-803
> [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-821
> [4] http://markmail.org/message/nwbnkpbpnrbfpqnd

+1 for deprecation in 3.1 and removal in 4.0.  If anyone wants to
revive it later, they can start with the sources in the 3.1 release
tag.  We should add comments to the tickets above (closing as
WONT_FIX or LATER) and the 3.1 release notes indicating this.

Phil